Monday 24 September 2012

Day 288 to 300 – Just Do It!!!

Over the past few years I have often been in a queue at the checkout of a store when the person in front of me has simply run out of money to pay for the goods they have selected. I’ve often wondered what would be the right thing to do in these circumstances.

Recently I was faced with this very dilemma in two stores in my town and, on both occasions, I simply pitched in and gave the person the money they needed.

Sometimes we just need to act! …‘wondering’ about things will never get the job done!!

Other opportunities presented to me recently have included:

7 x Gave cash to a charity
2 x Gave cash to a shopper short of change
64 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to other drivers
3 x Picked up rubbish in the neighbourhood
35 x Wrote a letter of appreciation to someone
5 x Helped someone in need
3 x Voluntary work with the local community association
4 x Held the door open for someone
8 x Gave a big smile to a stranger
4 x Put neighbours bin back after the binmen had been
2 x Voluntary work for Ipsos Access Panels

Sub total: 137
Running total: 3223

Target: 3000+ in 12months
 
Commenced 30thNovember 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment