Friday 6 January 2012

Day 33 to 38 – Service After the Storm

May I first welcome Natalie to my Blog, it is so kind of you to take an interest, and may I also express my appreciation for all those who are following my endeavours on my Blog and on Facebook.

There has not been much driving work for me so far this year … January is always quiet ... so I have been busy in the home putting together a Family History package for all my brothers and sister, decorating the kitchen and summoning up the courage to tackle the garage!!!

By not getting out-and-about for the last few days my opportunities to serve other has been restricted, however, I was grateful for a storm that hit the UK and scattered all the rubbish bins in the neighbourhood all over the road. Lots of service opportunities right outside my front door.

My New Year has started with ‘acts of kindness’ that include:

4 x Gave cash to a charity
11 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver
2 x Voluntary work in the community
1 x Helped a shopper with her trolley
6 x Put neighbours bin back after a storm had scattered them all over the road  

Sub total: 24
Running total: 397

Target: 3000+ random acts of kindness in 12 months

Commenced 30th November 2011


Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day"

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

1 comment: