Friday 13 January 2012

Day 45 – Missing the Point!

Many thanks to Tim and Kathryn for their kind words of encouragement and support … I really appreciate it.

I was working with another driver today as we picked-up an Audi Q7 from a very famous sportsman. Unfortunately I drove him mad with my acts of kindness to other road users … he didn’t seem to understand the point of it all … J

Today’s recipients included:

2 x Gave cash to a charity
11 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver
1 x Wrote a letter to someone to let them know I care

Sub total: 14
Running total: 491

Target: 3000+ in 12months

Commenced 30th November 2011

 Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment