Monday 9 January 2012

Day 39 to 41- Charlie’s Observations v. Dad’s Logic!

My daughter Charlie raised an issue today about my ‘Ten-a-day’. She said, quite correctly, that some days I do not achieve ten acts of kindness and therefore the title of my Blog was flawed!!

She's quite right ... she is always right! ... In fact she bully’s me; ever since she was big enough to talk she has wrapped me around her finger ... :-)

Anyway, I do my best to do at least ten acts of kindness every day and fortunately I exceed it some days which keeps my average a day on target and keeps me on course to my 3,000 in 12 months.


My acts of kindness these last three days included:

2 x Voluntary work in the community
1 x Attended a voluntary community group
1x Gave-up my place in a queue for someone else
1x Help a member of the public who was lost
14 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver
3 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to a pedestrian

Sub total: 22
Running total: 419

Target: 3000+ in 12 months

Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish, and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment