Monday 12 December 2011

Day 13 - Let Someone Know You Care

One of the advantages of being part of this endeavour is that I am beginning to think about different ways I can make a positive impact on someone’s life. 
 
One area I have been pondering is ways of communicating to someone to let them l know I love them and care about them. This could be by phone, e-mail or letter.

To do this successfully I need to be sensitive to impressions and prompts I experience, in my mind and my heart, and then  act upon them.

I had two such impressions today.

Today’s random ‘acts of kindness’ included:

2 x Voluntary work in the community
2 x Let someone know I care about them
2 x Gave cash to a charity
19 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver
1 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to a pedestrian

Sub total: 28

Running total: 194

Target: 3000+ in 12months

Commenced 30th November 2011
Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment