Sunday 18 December 2011

Day 18 to 19 – Sitting on the Shoulders of my Hero!

Many Christmas’ ago I remember being carried on the shoulders of my father through the thick snow as we walked home from church. I remember my feelings of 'home and family' and the feelings of excitement and mystery during the Christmas season.
 
Time has passed, and my circumstances have change, and I now enjoy providing the same feelings for my family. I also enjoy looking for opportunities to show others the true meaning of Christmas by showing them love and kindness during this special season.

However, I sometimes miss being that child, the excitement and mystery of Christmas eve and sitting on the shoulders of my father … in fact, I mostly miss my father … Merry Christmas Dad!

The opportunities to hand out some Christmas gifts (acts of kindness) this weekend were limited, but nevertheless heartfelt:

2 x Gave cash to a charity
2 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver

Sub total: 4
Running total: 239

Target: 3000+ random acts of kindness in 12 months

Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment