Friday 23 December 2011

Day 22 to 24 – The Goth & The Mod

A very warm welcome to Mitzi who has joined my little band of followers … its nice to have you onboard.

Ever since being introduced to Paul Weller and The Jam in 1978 I have always enjoyed wearing Mod clothes. Even though I am in my late forties I still like wearing my Merc tank-tops, the polo shirts, desert boots and the black Harrington jackets … I know its sad, but I do enjoy the style of my youth; nostalgia can be a very powerful emotion.

Anyway, I was in Oxford on Wednesday when I saw a Goth. He was dressed in the traditional black outfit and boots, but he also had a very handsome top hat on. I must say he looked really good; like a wealthy/clean artful dodger. I pointed him out to Gill and then caught up with him and let him know how cool I thought he looked, to which he showed appreciation and a smile … The Mod met The Goth … although he didn’t say anything about what I was wearing?!?! … probably just as well … ha, ha!!

The last three day’s stylish successes included:

1 x Said something nice to a stranger
2 x Gave cash to a charity
27 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver
6 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to a pedestrian
8 x Gave a hello/good morning to a stranger
7 x Gave money to a street beggar
1 x Stopped and had a chat with a stranger
1 x Cleared/picked-up rubbish in the neighbourhood
1x Gave-up my seat in a restaurant to someone else
1 x Voluntary work in the community

Sub total: 55
Running total: 323

Target: 3000+ random acts of kindness in 12months

Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the warm welcome! I love this project--it is very inspiring. Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete