Saturday 3 December 2011

Day 4 - Meagre Pickings!!

What a day!!! … I honestly thought it would be easy to find at least 10 opportunities to make a positive difference to someone’s life everyday … after today’s experience I’m not too sure.
Perhaps I wasn’t looking hard enough whilst I was out, whatever the reason I am going to have to think a little smarter about ways of touching people's lives and concentrate a little harder when I am out-and-about.

Today’s haul consisted of:

1 x Proactively gave-way to another driver
1 x Gave a hello/good morning to a stranger

Today’s total: 2
Running total: 56

Target: 3000+ in 12months

Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment