Tuesday 20 December 2011

Day 20 to 21 – Team Tactics!

Over the past two days I have been out with my sweetheart Gilly. We have been out Christmas shopping and visiting family … I love being with my wife during the Christmas season.

I have discovered that Gill makes a brilliant ‘partner in crime’ in identifying opportunities to bless other people’s lives; she also makes a wonderful scribe.

However, as I reviewed the scrap of paper she had used to record all the acts of kindness achieved I discovered the following sentence … “nearly knocked old man over on crossing!” … I’m not sure she needed to record that!!! … ha, ha!!!

The past two days haul included:

1 x Gave cash to a charity
13 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver
6 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to a pedestrian
2 x Gave a hello/good morning to a stranger
1 x Replaced store’s merchandise that had fallen off the display
1 x Stopped and had a long chat with a stranger
1x Gave-up my place in a queue for someone else
1 x Helped someone in a wheelchair
1 x Retrieved a supermarket trolley and put it in the trolley park
1 x Put neighbours bin back after the bin men had been
1 x Voluntary work in the community

Sub total: 29
Running total: 268

Target: 3000+ random acts of kindness in 12months

Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment