Thursday 8 December 2011

Day 9 - Losing Yourself

I know that most of my acts of kindness relate to driving situations. The obvious reason being is that I spend most of my working day in a car driving clients from place to place.
One thing that I feel is slowly changing is my propensity to get angry on account of someone else’s bad or aggressive driving. My anger is now one of … “I would have let in if only you had given me a chance!!!!” … “and now you’ve robbed me of one of my ‘ten-a-day’!!!! … ha, ha!!

I have found that I am a lot calmer whilst I drive, especially in London. I feel as you focus more on others you tend to lose yourself; and that is a wonderful and happy state to be in.

Today’s random 'acts of kindness’ included:

5 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver whilst driving
1 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to a pedestrian
3 x Gave a hello/good morning to a stranger
1 x Proactively volunteered to help out a colleague

Sub total: 10
Running total: 122

Target: 3000+ in 12 months

Commenced 30th November 2011


Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.

Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”

The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”

“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realise there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”

After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment