Friday 2 December 2011

Day 3 - Curry Night

I am finding it difficult, as the day progresses, to keep a mental note of the ‘acts of kindness’ I achieve … it must be my age … I’m having to write them down on scrapes of paper; how sad am I?!
Therefore I may well be under reporting my successes; but I would rather be doing that, then claiming for things not done.

I was thinking about whether ‘acts of kindness’ to family members should count or should they be a non-negotiable … or what about service in the church?
I can feel a rule being announced!! … ha, ha … it was bound to happen!!!

I think I will resist and leave it to my conscious. The bottom line is to make a positive difference to someone … whether related to you or not!! … no rules!!!!!!

Day 3’s random 'acts of kindness' included: 

2 x Went out for a curry tonight and paid the bill for two of my friends
8 x Proactively gave-way to another driver
3 x Proactively gave-way to a pedestrian
2 x Held the door open for someone
2 x Gave a hello/good morning to a stranger
1 x Helped a guy at the supermarket pickup some change he dropped

Sub total: 18
Running total: 54
Target: 3000+ in 12months

Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!”
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment