Wednesday 7 December 2011

Day 8 - The Broomstick Race

Going to ‘Toys R Us’ with Miles is such a treat … but I’m not too sure if Gill and Charlie would agree. I spotted a Harry Potter broomstick, I’m not sure if it was a Nimbus 2000 as advertised at the Quidditch Word Cup or not, but anyway, I proceeded to race down the aisles in an attempt to make Miles, Gill and Charlie laugh.
They, of course, turned away in embarrassment and ignored me as I bumped into two previously unseen ladies, who thought the spectacle hilarious … so it’s got to be included in today's ‘Ten-a-Day’.

Today’s random ‘acts of kindness’ included:

1 x Put a smile on someone’s face!
2 x Put neighbours bin back after the bin-men had been
2 x Proactively ‘gave-way’ to another driver whilst driving
3 x Replaced store’s merchandise that had fallen off a display
1 x Proactively volunteered to help out a colleague
1 x Gave a cash donation to charity

Sub total: 10
Running total: 112

Target: 3000+ in 12months

 Commenced 30th November 2011

Motivation for ‘’My Ten-a-day’

One day a man was walking along the beach when he noticed a boy picking something up and gently throwing it into the ocean.
Approaching the boy, he asked, “What are you doing?”
The youth replied, “Throwing starfish back into the ocean. The surf is up and the tide is going out. If I don’t throw them back, they’ll die.”
“Son,” the man said, “don’t you realize there are miles and miles of beach and hundreds of starfish? You can’t make a difference!"
After listening politely, the boy bent down, picked up another starfish,
and threw it back into the surf. Then, smiling at the man, he said, “I made a difference for that one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment